Synthetic wigs can be a great way to change your look, but they require some special care to keep them looking their best.
Here are some tips for washing a synthetic wig:
- Start by brushing the wig with a wig brush or wide-tooth comb to remove tangles and knots. This will make it easier to wash and will prevent damage to the fibres. Make sure you have a mild wig-safe shampoo.
- Fill a sink or basin with lukewarm water and add a small amount of shampoo.
- Add the shampoo to the water.
- Swirl the water to create a soapy lather
- Before putting your wig in the water, ensure you've fully brushed it out getting rid of any tangles. Carefully submerge the wig. Avoid rubbing or scrubbing the wig, as this can cause the fibres to mat and tangle. Instead, gently swish the wig back and forth in the water to clean it.
- After a few minutes, remove the wig from the water
- Rinse the wig thoroughly with cool water to remove any remaining shampoo. Gently squeeze the water out of the wig, being careful not to wring or twist it.
- Once the wig is rinsed, gently blot it with a towel to remove excess water. Avoid rubbing or wringing the wig, as this can cause it to lose its shape.
- Place the wig on a wig stand or a mannequin head and let it air dry. Avoid using a hair dryer or other heat source, as this can cause the fibres to become brittle and break.
With these simple steps, you can keep your synthetic wig looking like new. Remember to brush and style the wig after it's dry to maintain its shape and style. And always use a mild, wig-safe shampoo and cool water to avoid damaging the fibres. With proper care, your synthetic wig will last for many wears to come.